Connect with us

Sports

PSG boss Thomas Tuchel expects forward to stay at Barcelona

Published

on

LIONEL MESSI:
• PSG boss Thomas Tuchel expects forward to stay at Barcelona

Paris St-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel says Lionel Messi is “very welcome” at the club – but expects the forward to remain at Barcelona.

Tuchel’s French champions lost 1-0 to Bayern Munich in a tightly contested Champions League final on Sunday.

“What coach says no to Messi?” Tuchel told BT Sport. “I think Messi finishes his career in Barcelona. He is Mr Barcelona.”

It is thought Messi, 33, has never been closer to leaving the Nou Camp.

The Spanish giants’ season ended in a humiliating 8-2 Champions League quarter-final defeat by Bayern.

Messi is Barcelona’s all-time top scorer with 634 goals in 731 games and has won four Champions Leagues, 10 La Liga titles and six Ballons d’Or.

Qatari-owned PSG are among the few clubs in world football with the financial capacity to meet his buyout clause of 700m euros (£627.96m).

“We decided not to talk about transfers in this period,” said Tuchel. “We will sit together in the next days. We have many things to do to keep the level of the squad.”

PSG have won the Ligue 1 title in seven of the past eight seasons, but it is in Europe’s elite competition where owners Qatar Sports Investments measure success.

They had not previously gone further than the quarter-finals of the Champions League since their takeover in 2011 – despite spending a combined 402m euros (£362m) on forwards Neymar and Kylian Mbappe alone.

Neither Mbappe nor Neymar were able to find a way past Bayern, but Tuchel said he was “proud” of the Brazilian for playing “a match with an incredible capacity” – adding it was “a miracle” Mbappe was available at all following an ankle injury.

Speaking on PSG’s plans for the summer transfer window, Tuchel added: “We lost lots of players for this campaign and we lose now Thiago Silva and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting [who are out of contract].

“We need to use the transfer window now to make the squad wider. The campaign will be very demanding without any breaks. We need to build a strong, strong squad.”

PSG play their first game of the new Ligue 1 season against Lens on Saturday, after the French top flight made its return on Friday – 167 days after the 2019-20 campaign ended early because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

• Koulibaly, Messi, Smalling, Sancho, Reguilon, Anderson

Published

on

TRANSFER RUMOURS:

• Koulibaly, Messi, Smalling, Sancho, Reguilon, Anderson

NAPOLI president Aurelio de Laurentiis says they want to sign Arsenal’s 32-year-old Greece defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos, which could pave the way for Senegal defender Kalidou Koulibaly, 29, to join Manchester City. (Standard)

DE LAURENTIIS admits he regrets not selling 29-year-old Koulibaly sooner. (Manchester Evening News)

LIONEL MESSI’S father has spent a second day negotiating with Barcelona over his son’s potential exit, and Liverpool defender Andy Robertson says he hopes the 33-year-old Argentina forward does not sign for another Premier League club. (Sky Sports)

MANCHESTER UNITED’S England defender Chris Smalling, 30, looks set to join Roma on a permanent basis. (Mirror)

MONACO have rejected a sizeable bid from Manchester United for 19-year-old French defender Benoit Badiashile, who is set to stay at the club. (Metro).

MANCHESTER UNITED are attempting to finalise Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho’s salary and agent fees before making a bid for the 20-year-old England international. (Star)

SEVILLA remain hopeful of being able to keep Real Madrid full-back Sergio Reguilon on loan for another season despite the 23-year-old Spaniard being linked with a permanent move to Manchester United. (Marca – in Spanish)

ARSENAL are close to completing the loan signing of 24-year-old Real Madrid and Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos for a second successive season. (Mail)

ARSENAL are considering an approach for West Ham’s 27-year-old Brazil midfielder Felipe Anderson. (Football Insider)

LIVERPOOL will not let 23-year-old Welsh midfielder Harry Wilson leave on loan again despite interest from Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton. (Liverpool Echo)

CHELSEA have been told they must pay at least £30m to sign Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, 28, from Rennes. (Telegraph)

INTER MILAN will need to raise money by offloading Croatia midfielder Ivan Perisic if they are to bid for 29-year-old Chelsea and France midfielder N’Golo Kante. (Gazzetta dello Sport – in Italian)

CRYSTAL PALACE, West Ham, West Brom, Norwich and Watford are interested in 26-year-old French defender Jean-Claude Billong, who plays for Serie B side Salernitana. (Teamtalk)

ROMA are considering a move for 25-year-old Hertha Berlin and Poland striker Krzysztof Piatek in order to replace Edin Dzeko. (Gazzetta dello Sport – in Italian)

HULL CITY are looking to sign Southampton centre-back Alfie Jones, 22, on a permanent deal. (Yorkshire Post)

BAYERN MUNICH’S Spanish midfielder Javi Martinez, 32, is determined to seal a move back to Athletic Bilbao this summer. (Goal)

Continue Reading

Sports

• NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams

Published

on


• NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and its global brand kit-sponsor NIKE have taken a further step forward in the plan to unveil another set of kits for the Nigeria National Teams that would wow the world as did those launched on the margin of the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals.

At a virtual meeting on Monday that had NFF President Amaju Pinnick, Vice Presidents Seyi Akinwunmi and Shehu Dikko, NFF General Secretary Mohammed Sanusi, NIKE’s Tina Salminen, David Watson and Lee Murphy, NFF Board Members Ibrahim Musa Gusau and Felix Anyansi-Agwu, as well as Ademola Olajire (Director of Communications), Alizor Chuks (Head of Marketing) and Nasiru Jibril (SA to President), finishing touches were put to the designs with observations and comments taken, and NIKE officials fully briefed on the minute details of the preferences of the NFF chieftains.

The new designs were to have been launched earlier in the year, but plans went askew as a result of the global coronavirus pandemic. The Super Eagles would launch the new wears during the FIFA window for international friendlies next month.

It would be recalled that American sportswear giant, NIKE received three million orders for the Super Eagles’ 2018 FIFA World Cup kit prior to the release of the jerseys into the market on 29th May 2018.

On the first day of the sales in London, United Kingdom on Friday, 1st June 2018 (which also was the eve of Nigeria’s high-profile pre-World Cup friendly with England’s Three Lions at Wembley), NIKE shops ran out of stock within one hour of putting out the jerseys.

Apart from the tremendous success on the counter, NIKE has continued to express its delight with the running agreement with the NFF, initially signed in London in April 2015, with the various Nigeria National Teams qualifying for major competitions and impressing at continental championships.

Since the penning of the initial contract, the age group teams, U17 boys have won the FIFA World Cup; the U23 boys won the U23 AFCON and took bronze medal at the Olympics in Brazil; the Super Falcons have won two AFCON titles; the Eagles B reached the final CHAN before they were humiliated by Morocco.
On the hand Super Eagles have little to show despite reaching the FIFA World Cup from a ‘Group of Death’ in the African series and have taken the bronze medals at the AFCON.

Presently, the Super Eagles comfortably top their 2022 AFCON qualifying group and would be guaranteed a ticket to the finals if they overhaul Sierra Leone home-and-away in the Day 3 and 4 encounters in November.

Continue Reading

Sports

Lionel Messi Sets The World On Fire

Published

on

Lionel Messi Sets The World On Fire …. in a matter of hours without saying more than one simple sentence that goes like this: “I don’t want to play for Barcelona anymore”

🔴With that one sentence, Leo Messi turned the sports and business world in just a few hours!

🔵He Created a mass agitation and unrest in furious Catalonia.

🔴Shook the Barcelona board and forced a mass resignation for the people who are ruling for last 6 years.

🔵Created a potential unprecedented financial crysis with sponsors withdrawing from Barcelona partnership.

🔴trended as number 1 person in google search.

🔵Created a 2 million new followers in instagram within 3 hours to break the record of Jennifer Aniston.

🔴Became the top discussed/searched topic in Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Google

🔵Created a global sports concern where a lot of global sports organizations raised their voice. That includes tennis, NBA, F1, Baseball, Ice hockey, American football, football, Cricket, Athletics.

🔴The man who shook the world without stating a single world or PR stunt..

🔵His transfer price tag of $700,000,000 or so didnt even scare off potential clubs. Even stingy Arsenal is showing interest 😄😄😄

This man is defintiely bigger than any sports!🔥

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 YouNeedToKnow. Developed by Dexcodes.