Connect with us

Uncategorized

POLICE OPERATIVES IN ANAMBRA STATE BURST SUSPECTED CHILD SNATCHING/STEALING AND TRAFFICKING SYNDICATE

Published

on

ANAMBRA STATE POLICE COMMAND DIARY

POLICE OPERATIVES IN ANAMBRA STATE BURST SUSPECTED CHILD SNATCHING/STEALING AND TRAFFICKING SYNDICATE

…Rescue eight children suspected to have been snatched or stolen from different States including a fifteen year-old pregnant girl

On the 13/9/2020 following intelligence report, Police detectives attached to Onitsha Area Command in collaboration with the Command State intelligence Bureu(SIB) arrested Five members of a Child Stealing/Trafficking syndicate as follows;

(i)Mrs Joy Lazarus ‘f” aged 40years of NO. 138 Urata area Aba, Abia State,
(ii) Janet Gideon ‘f” aged 22years of No. 12 irete Street Owerri, Imo State,
(iii) Gideon Bobby Gods power ‘m’ aged 26years of Portharcourt in River State,
(iv) Wisdom Ndubuisi ‘m’ aged 26yrs of chokosho Village PH, Rivers State and,
(v) Chukwudima C. Nwogu ‘m’ aged 29years of No. 138 urata area Aba,Abia State.

  1. Suspects specialise in child snatching, child stealing and trafficking from different parts of the country especially South East and South South Geo political zones.
  2. Preliminary Investigation revealed that the children (five boys and three girls) were stolen from Rivers, Bayelsa, Imo, Abia and Anambra States both at gun points and through stealing after which they were sold to the kingpin in Abia State.
  3. Consequently, upon interrogation the suspects voluntarily confessed that they usually steal the children and bring to their sponsor, one Mrs Joy Lazarus ‘f’ of Urata in Abia State who allegedly buys the children at the rate of between two hundred and four hundred thousand (N200,000 – N400,000) naira depending on their age and gender.
  4. Further investigation also revealed that in addition to Child Stealing and trafficking, the same sponsor Mrs Joy Lazarus also lures under age girls into having pregnancy after which she will buy the children from them immediately after delivery. So far, eight children of various age brackets were rescued from the syndicates including a year and half year-old baby recently snatched from the parent at gun point in Orlu,Imo State as well as a 15year-old pregnant girl. Investigation is still ongoing after which all the suspects would be brought to book.
  5. Meanwhile,all the children are in protective care and would be handed over to the social welfare department for custodial care.

In view of the foregoing, the Commissioner of Police CP John B.Abang,fdc urges parents and guardians to always monitor their children and caution them against strangers.The CP further enjoins the Public whose children were either stolen or missing to report at Onitsha Area Command for proper identification and claim their children.

SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Uncategorized

BREAKING: SANWO-OLU TO ABOLISH PENSION FOR EX-GOVS, DEPUTIES

Published

on

BREAKING: SANWO-OLU TO ABOLISH PENSION FOR EX-GOVS, DEPUTIES

By Sodiq Oyeleke

Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday announced his intention to repeal the Public Office Holder (Payment of Pension Law 2007), which provides for payment of pension and other entitlements to former Governors and their Deputies.

He made this known while presenting the 2021 budget to the Lagos State House of Assembly.

Sanwoolu said the bill would be sent to the Lagos Assembly for legislative approval.

According to Sanwo-Olu, the abolition of pension for former governors and deputies will reduce the cost of governance.

He said, “Mr. Speaker and Honourable Members of the House, in light of keeping the costs of governance low and to signal selflessness in public service, we will be sending a draft executive bill to the House imminently for the repeal of the Public Office Holder (Payment of Pension Law 2007), which provides for payment of pension and other entitlements to former Governors and their Deputies.”

Detail later…

  • PunchNg

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

EndSARS CELEBRITIES, PROMOTERS MUST FACE LAW, GARBA SHEHU SAYS

Published

on

EndSARS CELEBRITIES, PROMOTERS MUST FACE LAW, GARBA SHEHU SAYS

The Central Bank of Nigeria had recently frozen the account of some protest organisers in a bid to stop further protests from occurring.

Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, has said that all Nigerians and celebrities, who promoted protests against police brutality in the country must face the law.

The Central Bank of Nigeria had recently frozen the account of some protest organisers in a bid to stop further protests from occurring.

The Nigeria Immigration Service also seized the travel passport of Modupe Odele, preventing her from leaving the country for providing legal aid to arrested protesters.

The Nigerian Government irked by the protests had in October hired thugs to hijack the demonstration, plunging the nation into chaos in a bid to blame it on peaceful #EndSARS protesters.

While speaking on why the CBN froze the account of the protesters, Shehu while speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics said, “This country has only one President and has only one constitution. President Muhammadu Buhari is responsible for his government. The buck stops on his table.

“We are a country governed by law. There is a constitution —under section 33— that clearly defines the rights of citizens to freely protest in a peaceful way but where a peaceful protest turns into riot, violence and looting, there is a law and order duty to be performed.

“Everyone witnessed the massive looting of public and private properties particularly in Lagos, Calabar, Plateau, Taraba and some other states, even the FCT.

“Now, the laws of the country must be allowed to decide, to rule on wrongdoing on the part of anybody.

“I am not particular about any celebrity or promoter but this country has been harmed enormously and people should be prepared to account for what they did.”

  • SaharaReporters

Garba Shehu Classic FM, Abuja.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

PRESIDENT BUHARI: DISBANDING OF SARS FIRST STEP TO EXTENSIVE POLICE REFORMS

Published

on

PRESIDENT BUHARI: DISBANDING OF SARS FIRST STEP TO EXTENSIVE POLICE REFORMS

President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Abuja declared that disbanding of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is the first step to extensive police reforms by his administration.

Speaking at the launch of the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES), aimed at creating 774,000 jobs across the Local Government Areas (LGAs) in the country, President Buhari also directed that all those responsible for misconduct or wrongful acts be brought to justice.

”I will like to use this opportunity to say a word on the recent genuine concerns and agitations by Nigerians about the excessive use of force and in some cases extra-judicial killings and wrongful conduct of the men of the Nigerian Police Force,’’ President Buhari said during the launch of the P-YES programme, attended by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State and Engineer Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State.

He continued: ”The disbanding of SARS is only the first step in our commitment to extensive police reforms in order to ensure that the primary duty of the police and other law enforcement agencies remains the protection of lives and livelihood of our people.

”We will also ensure that all those responsible for misconduct or wrongful acts are brought to justice.

”We deeply regret the loss of life of the young man in Oyo State during the recent demonstrations.

”I have directed that the circumstances of his death should be thoroughly investigated.

”Meanwhile, it is important to recognise that the vast majority of men and women of the police force are hardworking and diligent in performing their duties.

”The few bad eggs should not be allowed to tarnish the image and reputation of the force.”

On the empowerment programme, the President while restating his administration’s commitment to youth development and poverty alleviation pledged that the Federal Government policies of social protection and people empowerment would continue on track, despite the challenges posed by COVID-19 pandemic.

The President, who described P-YES as a cornerstone of his administration’s social and economic development strategies, said it was part of the overall policy of ensuring that 100 million Nigerians were lifted out of poverty in ten years.

”The P-YES is also part of the plan that we adopted in 2016 in which we empowered One hundred youths from each of the 774 Local Government Areas with the necessary tools to acquire skills and establish small businesses.

”Given the success of that initiative, we are now committed to creating 774,000 jobs across all the LGAs, through the P-YES programme,” he said.

President Buhari, who took a tour of P-YES tools and equipment displayed at the forecourt of Presidential Villa, expressed delight that the materials showcased represent the fruits of the initiatives embarked upon by his administration in 2016.

”All the tools, machines and equipment that are exhibited here, are products of the efforts of these empowered youth entrepreneurs.

”I note with particular pleasure that they were all fabricated in Nigeria by Nigerian youths using locally sourced materials. This is a wonderful and uplifting achievement.

”As an entrepreneurship empowerment project, the P-YES programme aims to address the needs of unskilled and less educated youth.

”It targets key areas of activities that are of practical importance and are essential to every aspect of our economy.

”These include areas such as agriculture and food processing, restaurant and catering, tailoring and fashion design, technical skills such as in the Information and Communications Technology sector, artisanship, welding, carpentry and joinery, other small businesses and activities associated with the micro-economic sector of this economy,” he said.

The President used the occasion to call on State Governments, Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government to factor the P-YES into their programmes to assist the youth realise their potentials in their chosen fields.

He urged local and foreign private sector operators in Nigeria to also contribute their share to the expansion of this programme through channelling their corporate social responsibility efforts towards skills acquisition, creation of start-ups, and other intervention measures.

President Buhari declared that the expansion of the P-YES would now be vigorously pursued, adding that more resources will be committed to the achievement of its goals and objectives towards youth empowerment and entrepreneurship development.

The President commended the Office of the Senior Special Assistant on Youth and Students Affairs, under Hon. Nasiru Saidu Adhama, for driving the P-YES programme in accordance with the mandates prescribed for the office and the programme.

He expressed confidence that the programme being supervised by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation would make significant difference.

In his remarks, Hon Adhama assured the President that as achieved in the pilot phase of the programme the selection of beneficiaries in the full-scale P-YES scheme would be done with the utmost transparency and credibility, adding that equal opportunities will be observed in the delivery of equipment, tools and machines to all States and LGAs.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 12, 2020

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 YouNeedToKnow. Developed by Dexcodes.